Bus from Stockholm to Gothenburg
The bus is a direct bus to Gothenburg and it stops at the GÖTEBORG Nils Ericson Term / Central station, next to the GÖTEBORG Central station.
The bus departs from Stockholm from the Swebus Express in the City Terminal. Some of the lines are with direct busses, whereas the others have one stop at Jönköping. There is also a night bus which departs Stockholm once daily, line 830 and the ride is around 7 hours.
The trip is from 6 to 7:20 hours, depending on the date and departure time.
Busses from Stockholm to Gothenburg are frequent during the day, around 8 lines starting from 08:15 am until 22:45 pm. For the timetable, check the Swebus website.
- Busses have free internet access and toilet.
- you can get a discount if you are a senior citizen/ student/Youth/Child on the bus
- call the customer service in order to inquire how many seats are available in the bus
Boat from Stockholm to Gothenburg
The ferry from Stockholm to Gothenburg - THE CLASSIC CANAL CRUISE lasting for 4 days from between May and August, with M/S JUNO ship. The travelers have a accommodation and meals included in the price.
Tour guide and 3 longer stops for excursions/sightseeing are also included in the price.
Every four days from and to Gothenburg.
If you don’t travel on budget this is a nice way to explore and experience a trip which is done the same way as it was 140 years ago.
Taxi from Stockholm to Gothenburg
The roads and highways connecting the Stockholm to Gothenburg are well maintained and with many road signs. The trip is taking place on the E4 S and E20 S.
The distance between Stockholm and Gothenburg is around 480 km and it takes around 5 hours.
Prices are high:
Weekends every Mon-Fri 09-15, the taxi price is 39 SEK fee + 9,60 kr / km + 457 SEK / hour
During weekend and holidays, the cost is 39 SEK fee + 12.50 / km + 569 SEK / hour
Very expensive way to travel to Gothenburg from Stockholm, try Avoid it if you have other options...
Train from Stockholm to Gothenburg
Taking a train from Stockholm to Gothenburg is reliable and popular way of traveling. The trip is quite scenic.
The train is a direct train to Gothenburg and there are some lines with one stop. The train departs from Stockholm at the Stockholm Central station, whereas it arrives in Gothenburg at Gothenburg Central Station.
The price varies depending on the season and depending with which train you are traveling, the cheapest fare is 199 SEK or 22 EUR. You can choose from 1st or 2nd class tickets.
The trip is from 3 to 4 hours, depending on the departure time and whether you travel with a regional or express train.
You can book the ticket online on the MTExpress website, and you will have to choose from three categories.
The cheapest and the most frequent trains are available at the SJ website. For the 2nd class ticket, you will have to pay a seat reservation, whereas in the first one it is included in the price. This is the largest train operator
You can get your ticket with SWEBUS, and the options are non-refundable, free cancelation and free rebooking.
There is a frequent connection, around 8 direct trains to Gothenburg daily by SWEBUS. The earliest one is at 6:36 am.
Another option is to take a train with one stop at Central Kristinehamn ReseC, and the trip is 6 hours. The best option is to travel with SJ, as they have trains departing on every 30 minutes to 1 hour
- you can get a discount when traveling in groups, depending on the Train Operator.
- you can get a discount if you are you are under 26 or above 59, depending on the Train Operator.
- Tickets cannot be bought on board
- If you need to buy a ticket right before the departure, do so from your mobile phone using the mobil.sj.se, SJ’s application.
- if you failed to buy a ticket you will have to pay 1,200 SEK as a fee - so don't take the risk (:
Flight from Stockholm to Gothenburg
Stockholm-Arlanda Airport is located 25 km from the city, and in order to get there you will have to take a bus or a train from the city center. It is the most convenient and closest airport.
In Gothenburg all the airplanes land at the Göteborg, Sverige - Landvetter Airport.
Depending on the company, that operates the flight, around 8 non-stop flights per day.
- Buy your ticket online, in advance either few weeks or months in order to get a cheaper deal.
- Buy a direct ticket and buy if from the airline website. Do not buy the ticket from other affiliate websites as you will have to pay additional processing fees.
- Check if you are traveling with luggage how much it would cost to add your luggage too or if it included in the price.
Stockholm to Gothenburg Distance Map
Stockholm Gothenburg distance by driving: ( )
Stockholm to Gothenburg air distance: ( )