Bus from Stockholm to Malmo
The price for from Stockholm to Malmo one way tickets start from 359 SEK or 39 EUR. The price changes according to high and low season as well as according to the departure time and class.
The trip is rather long and boring, more than 12 hours. It has one stop in Göteborg. On certain days, there is a direct bus line and the trip is 8:30 hours.
The bus departs from the STOCKHOLM Cityterminalen arrives in GÖTEBORG Nils E.Term. There you will have have to wait(changes depending on the day,between 1.5 hours and 15 minutes brake) and from there you continue Centralstn-MALMÖ Centralstation for 4 more hours.
There are around 3 or more buses during the day depending on the season. For weekends, the bus lines are reduced. Also a night train departs at 22:45 PM with one stop and arrives in Malmo at 11 am, available on certain days only.
Taxi from Stockholm to Malmo
The distance between Stockholm and Malmo is around 650 kilometers and you will need more than 6 hours to reach Malmo.
The total price for taxi from Stockholm to Malmo would be around 11,000 SEK or 1160 EUR.
The travel will be mainly on E20 and E4 highways
- Avoid if you have other options, it is very expensive, and the trip is longer than taking a train.
- If you do not have other options, travel with licensed companies and ask if the pay tolls are included in the price or you will have to pay them additionally.
Train from Stockholm to Malmo
If you are taking a SJ train, you will have two options, a direct train, and a train with one stop in Goteborg Central station. This a quite scenic route, that passes through a tunnel and over a bridge. The trains arrives at the Malmo Central Station.
If you are taking the Swebus train, you will have only one option to take a train with one stop in GÖTEBORG Centralstation and from there to continue with a bus.
The ticket is from 195 SEK (22 EUR) for one way ticket depending on the travel date and whether you travel with a high speed or a regional train as well as whether you prefer 1st or 2nd class.
The journey usually takes from 4:30 hours to 6:30 hours depending whether you are traveling with a direct train or you have one stop.
SJ trains depart on either 2 hours or every 30 minutes, depending on the timetable. The first train is at 6:21 am. A night train departs at 23:14 pm on a certain days.
Swebus trains depart around 6 times during the day from Stockholm heading to Gothenburg and from there with a bus to Malmo.
- If booking a ticket with SJ trains, you will have internet, bistro, and wheelchair access. You can order coffee or any other drink at the train.
- To get a discount, student will need ISIC card.
- When taking a Swebus train with one stop, the trip will get boring, as you will be traveling more than 8 hours (in some cases even 11 hours). It is better to book a direct SJ train
Flight from Stockholm to Malmo
You will have to take either a bus or a train from Stockholm city center that will take you to the airport.
It is recommended to take the flight from the nearest airport, Arlanda, which is around 25 km away from the city and easily reachable. Both of the companies have budget flights but the flight is quite good as you don’t travel for longer period.
The price for Stockholm Malmo flight varies mainly depending from the choice of operator, the season and the time of the flight. The cheapest fare is 198 SEK or 22 EUR with Norwegian Airlines and 60 EUR with SAS. You can choose between Lowfare, Lowfare+ and Flexi ticket types.
The planes take of around 3-4 times per day, depending on the season and weather conditions
- Recommended for business travelers, but yet you will have to be 2 hours at the airport before the plane departs and then you will also need to find a transfer from and to the airport.
- Check how many bags and what size are allowed with the tickets you have bought and whether you have to buy an additional bag.
- Check your flight time before departure, in case it has been changed
Stockholm to Malmo Distance Map
Stockholm Malmo distance by driving: ( )
Stockholm to Malmo air distance: ( )