Bus from Stockholm to Uppsala
The bus departs from Stockholm Cityterminalen and arrives in UPPSALA, Stationsgatan hpl E3/E4. Most of the busses would be comfortable to travel at this short destination.
The ticket is from 59 SEK, one way non-refundable class which is approximately 6.5 EUR. Other class tickets are also available, subject to change.
There are around 7 -8 direct bus lines during the day, the first one departs at 6:40 am and the last one is at 23:50 pm.
Taxi from Stockholm to Uppsala
Uppsala is located along E4, one of the major highways and it is easily accessible by car.
The price for a taxi ride to Uppsala would be around 1200 SEK or 120 EUR
The taxi trip from Stockholm to Uppsala is around one hour and the route has tools. The distance is around 80 km
- Avoid using taxi as it is very expensive. Even though you will share the cost among 4 people, it will still be around 30 EUR per person. Use a licensed taxi company, Taxi020 is one of them
Train from Stockholm to Uppsala
The train departs from the central train Station in Stockholm and arrives at the Uppsala central station. The train passes through a beautiful country side.
Single Ticket from starts from 89 SEK or around 10 EUR
The trip is either 38 minutes or 55 minutes depending whether you are traveling with a regional or other type of train
5 trains depart Stockholm every hour from 7 am until 5 pm. After 5 pm the lines reduce to 4 and then to 3 trains per hour. Connections available during the whole night 3 lines per hour
- It is a better option to buy the ticket either from a machine, ticket counter or online because the SJ trains starting in 2016 will not be selling tickets in their trains and the fine is 1200 SEK
- The ticket for the regional trains is cheaper and it is recommended as the trains are comfortable and the trip is shorter ,38 minutes.
- This is a smart choice not much expensive than the bus, rather faster.
- You can buy the ticket right before embarking the train via mobil.sj.se
- SJ trains offer discount for senior travelers and students.
- Avoid traveling after midnight, as the tickets are three times more expensive than usual.
Stockholm to Uppsala Distance Map
Stockholm Uppsala distance by driving: ( )
Stockholm to Uppsala air distance: ( )